Russound, a recognized leader and one of the founding companies in the field of multiroom audio, is looking for a Senior Product Manager. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the Product Management team in the ideation and development of both products and product lines in residential and commercial audio.
Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and being the voice of the customer.
Organization, details, and deadlines are critical for success. As a Senior Product Manager you must be capable of working independently and within small cross functional teams. You will work closely with design, engineering, sales, marketing, and executive teams to bring products and features to market and to develop and grow business opportunities for Russound.
The ideal candidate has led the development of hardware and software products in the connected home or distributed audio environment from idea inception to market launch.
- Define market opportunities and target recognized pain points to identify customer needs through competitive and customer benchmarking and comparable research
- Manage the end-to-end product life cycle including market needs, roadmapping, opportunity definition, and other requirements
- Work with in-house and third-party teams in Design, Engineering, Marketing, Technical Support and Customer Service to ensure seamless execution of your product strategy
- Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and develop a deep understanding of the customer in order to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches
- Support and prepare for customer meetings, presentations and internal product and line reviews
- Develop product documentation and training materials for customers and consumers.
- Collaborate closely with engineering and design teams to reach optimal tradeoff between the vision of the product experience, time to market and product cost.
- Maintain intelligence on competitive products
- Effectively prioritize and deliver multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in product management, product development, strategy or product marketing roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical, or similar
- Experience with defining the end-to-end product experience - product definition, pricing, positioning, and launch strategy
- Strong understanding of product hardware and software life cycle processes, engineering principles and design constraints.
- Ability to quickly grasp technology constraints and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with technical teams to define user experience and product use cases
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to present data and conclusions in an organized manner.
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
This job can be done remotely
To Apply: Visited the job posting on LinkedIn
Russound is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans.