Rock that bass!
Russound's popular Outback Rock Speakers have a new family member...the 5R8 Rock Subwoofers. Housed in the same rugged, all-weather multilayered fiberglass housing as their stereo rock speaker cousins, the front-firing 5R8SUB lineup is designed to easily add more bass to your outdoor sound system. Getting good bass response in an outdoor setting is more difficult to achieve in an open environment and these 8" dedicated subwoofers are designed to provide the extra low-end response you've been looking for.
With an out-of-the-box low end of 50Hz, the 5R8SUB line can go down to an impressive 40Hz when using our recommended DSP settings below to maximize the efficiency of the output.Or feel free to tailor these to your own sound preferences using any DSP pre-amp of your choosing.Our recommended DSP settings are available below in the DSP tab. Russound’s OutBack Rock Subwoofers are perfect for patios, pools, porches, decks, and backyards. Relax in a lawn chair or tend your garden while enjoying your favorite tunes in the fresh air.
Available in granite, weathered granite, or sandstone, each speaker’s durable waterproof enclosure is environmentally tested and optimized for superior outdoor audio performance.
- Durable, waterproof enclosure for years of enjoyment even in the harshest environments
- 8" woofer for deeper bass response
- Multi-layered fiberglass resin design for a long-lasting, ultra-realistic appearance
- Integrated security cable mounting eyelet
- Five-year limited warranty
- Woofer: 8" (203 mm) Polypropylene
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 200 Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Power: 10 - 125 watts per channel
- Sensitivity: 90 dB SPL (2.83V @ 1m)
- Dimensions: 14" x 12" x 11" (35.6 x 30.5 x 27.9 cm)
- Unit Weight: 12.0 lbs. (5.4 kg)
5R8SUB-G: Product Manual: Russound Rock Speaker Manual.pdf
5R8SUB-G: 5R8SUB-G_Gray Granite.jpg
Many Russound installers use the miniDSP for fine-tuning their audio systems.
We have therefore created an XML file specifically for the miniDSP 2x4 HD
Simply download this XML file and use it in your miniDSP configuration or use the parameters below for optimal bass performance from your 5R8SUB rock subwoofers.
Low Shelf Filter - Set to 80Hz, 5.0dB GAin with Q=1
Peak Filter set to 50Hz, 2.0dB Gain with Q=3
48dB/octave Butterworth Highpass Filter set to 45Hz
24dB/octave Butterworth Lowpass Filter set to 120Hz
XML File For the miniDSP: Russound Rock Speakers and Sub.xml